Thursday, March 19, 2015

My sharable moment with the golden ager

Last week,some of  the Al-Taqwa students including me were having educational trip to Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat with the supervision of Ms.Muslimah and Ms.Vivi (our teachers).
It was an educational trip. This trip has educated me how to thank to Allah for all his creations ,wonderful islands, beautiful views were so fascinating to me and has educated me how to respect the seniors. In this trip I got an opportunity to come to a senior house Panti Sosial Tresna Werdha Puspa Karma in Ampenan, Mataram.

The Quran and Sunnah About The Elderly

QURAN

“Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to your parents. If one or both of them reach old age with you, do not say to them a word of disrespect, or scold them, but say a generous word to them. And act humbly to them in mercy, and say, ‘My Lord, have mercy on them, since they cared for me when I was small.” (17: 23-24)



Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "If a young man honors an elderly on account of his age, Allah appoints someone to honor him in his old age." (At-Tirmidhi; ranked hasan by Al-Albani)
The Prophet here advises the young of the Muslim society, who will be tomorrow's elderly, to honor the elderly. Continuous application of this Prophetic advice helps bridge the gap between generations and spreads an atmosphere of love and understanding between the young and the old. Consider here also the generalization in the Prophet's words: "If a young man honors an elderly;" the hadith requires honoring the elderly regardless of their color or religion.

HOW CAN I HELP THE SENIORS ENJOY THEIR LIVES ??????


A simple visit can make all the difference in their day. Human interaction, especially with loved ones, can make the holiday season a little brighter. If your loved one is having difficulty participating in the celebrations, then bring the celebrations to them. 
Talk together about the feelings they are having. Sharing these feelings and knowing that someone is listening to them can make seniors feel much better.
There, I was surprise, I thought the seniors there were going to be treated by us, but I was wrong. We were treated by them, they were so welcoming and opened. They live happily, one of them said "I am so happy living here, I have lots of friends with the same age and I can eat freely".
I asked one of the seniors there to take a selfie, without a second thought ,she posed like a teenager.




I have interviewed one of the seniors named Astiah, she was born in Pasuruan. The problem comes when the elder person doesn't have children to take care of them and most of people are simply unable to take care of their aging parents. And because of their economy problem. When she was young and strong, she worked as "Pengangkut Barang" in traditional market and she was paid with 1 Kg of rice. By this, she could eat.
Now, she doesn't know where her family is. She only remember that her family was in East Java. Just for your information, she is good in singing. Click this video below












No comments:

Post a Comment