Thursday, April 3, 2014

Poem Analysis

Does It Matter? 

Does it matter?-losing your legs?
For people will always be kind,
And you need not show that you mind
When others come in after hunting
To gobble their muffins and eggs.
Does it matter?-losing you sight?
There’s such splendid work for the blind;
And people will always be kind,
As you sit on the terrace remembering
And turning your face to the light.
Do they matter-those dreams in the pit?
You can drink and forget and be glad,
And people won't say that you’re mad;
For they know that you've fought for your country,
And no one will worry a bit. 

Forever Friend

You are my worst friend
You are my best friend
You are my naughty friend
You are my innocent friend

You are my song friend
You are my wrong friend
You are my right friend
You are my bright friend

I love to see you
I wish to see you soon
For me you are no less than a boon

You are my beautiful friend
You are my dutiful friend
You are my just friend
You are my first friend

Nobody is better than you
To love you is what I always do
you are a friend
Whose friendship has no end.

You are my friend-
forever best friend.......... 
By : Nitya More
Analysis : This poem tells the reader about friendship. The writer uses a  figure of speech which is repetition by taking the word " you are my" and "friend". The writer shows her feeling to her best friend by describing her friend in their daily lives.
Next is "Nobody is better than you" the writer uses ironic ,the writer uses sarcastic tone ,and it shows that her friend is perfect and no one can replace her. And at the end of the poem, the writer tells to the reader that the writer's friend is her best friend and will always be best  friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment